Over the years, Megatokyo's fans have assembled a number of interesting websites dedicated to their enjoyment of the comic. Like most literary endevors, Megatokyo has attracted attention from people with a wide variety of interests and talents. Ultimately, no single page can do justice to the vast outpouring of fan and community efforts both on the internet and in real life. We can, however, attempt to capture a snapshot of some of the things going on in the community.
If you know of MT community events or websites which are particularly interesting, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Every once in a while, fans produce websites which are kind of interesting as expressions of interest in the comic. Some of them are fun, others are actually quite useful. The following list is a collection of some of the most prominent sites we know of, though we recognize the list is far from comprehensive.
- HappyLittleCloud - A large archive of fanart, fan comics, fan-colored strips, and other fan-made things.
- Kim Justice (alternate site) - Years ago this fan composed a variety of music pieces inspired by Megatokyo comics.
- Megatokyo CG Artists' Collaboration - An archive of Megatokyo strips colored by fans from the forum, and links to many related pages.
- Megatokyo Translations - Megatokyo translated by fans into several languages, some more up to date than others.
- Megatokyo Redirect - A small collection of Megatokyo miscellanea.
- MegaTokyo Doujinshi - An archive of fancomics which have been created by Megatkoyo fans. Most of the things on this site originally appeared in the forums.
- Megatokyo Livejournal Community - Fans of Megatokyo in Livejournal.
- The Megatokyo Writer's Archive - A collection of poetry, fanfiction, and "filks" which have been created by Megatokyo fans. Most of the things on this site originally appeared in the forums.
- Of Light, Shadows and Love - An epic fanfic based around a roleplaying group that originated in the forums.
- The Reader's Guide to Megatokyo - A large collection of information about all things to do with Megatokyo. Very encyclopedic in style and content.
- WikiTokyo - The online Megatokyo reference site that anyone can edit. The wiki focuses on creating a reference guide which makes it easy to see how people and things in the story interrelate, producing a handy tool for newcomers and people wanting to deepen their understanding of the comic.
(disclaimer: Megatokyo neither owns nor operates these linked websites, and we make no particular claims as to the fitness or appropriateness of their content.)
In order to reach out to his readers more, Fred has joined up with a few of the social network and utility sites that are out there. Some of these accounts get more use than others.
- Blog - at FredArt
- Delicious - Bookmarks
- deviantART - Alternate home of sketches
- Drawr - Watch sketches from start to finish
- Facebook - Discuss and become a fan
- Facebook (MegaGear) - Become a fan of MegaTokyo mechandise
- Flickr - Photos
- Last.fm - Music
- Justin.tv - Live screencasts of the comic being drawn
- Picasa - Photos
- Pixiv - Japanese language artist site
- posterous - Multimedia blogging
- tumblr - Multimedia blogging
- Twitter - Microblogging and comic-in-progress updates
- Twitter (comic) - Comic updates only
- Twitter (MegaGear) - Store updates
- YouTube - Videos
Upcomming Appearances by the Artist
Convention appearances will eventually go here, just as soon as we're made aware of them.